Come and get to know the history of the various Portuguese Orders. Beginning with the Convent of Christ that dates from the 12th century, erected by the Order of the Templars and later the seat of the Order of Christ.
After a short trip we will find the Castle of Abrantes, built by D. Afonso Henriques, and later donated to the Order of Santiago de Espada. We descend to Constância where you will find one of the most picturesque portuguese villages where you will be able to find a little corner planted by the river where you can rest enjoying the sun accompanied by some traditional snack or enjoy the waters of the river for a revitalizing bath.
We finish our trip with the visit to the Castle of Almourol that is built in a massive granite 18m above water level and always associated once again with the Templars or Order of Christ.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability;
- Please contact the company at least 24 hours before the activity for exact pick-up location and time (by phone or by e-mail at least 12 hours before the pick up);
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle;
- Maximum of 7 persons per vehicle;
- Private driver/guide;
- Pick up and Drop off in your Hotel/Accomodation in Lisbon (other regions subject to an extra charge);
- Free Wi-fi;
- Free Waters;
- Please note that infants and children occupy a seat;
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking;
- It's a good idea to wear tennis shoes or other appropriate footwear for the tour. In summer bring your sunscreen and in winter it gets cold so make sure you bring a jacket;
- Special Surprise.
- Food (including meals) and drinks, unless specified.
- Tomar1st Stop
Tomar has several historical monuments as the Convent of Christ, and São João Batista Church
- Abrantes2nd Stop
Conquered to the Moors by the first Portuguese King, D. Afonso Henriques in 1173, donated later to the order of Santiago of the Sword.
- Constância3rd Stop
Beutiful traditional village closest to Almourol
- Almoroul4th Stop
Almourol was conquered in 1129 by D. Afonso Henriques (1112-1185). The king handed it over to the knights of the Order of the Templars.